Queries for the Ordination (Installation) of Elders
Dear brother __________: You are asked to stand in the presence of God, Jesus Christ, who is ready to judge the living and the dead, and the Spirit of grace to honestly answer the following questions:
※問答： 親愛的 弟兄，你在神面前，並將來審判活人、死人的基督耶穌及施恩的聖靈面前，誠懇地誓約如下：
1. Do you believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the Word of God, and the only infallible rule of faith and life?
2. "Do you sincerely receive and adopt the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Heidelberg Catechism, as containing the system of doctrine taught in the Holy Scriptures; and do you further promise that if at any time you find yourself out of accord with any of the fundamentals of this system of doctrine, you will, on your own initiative, make known to your Session the change which has taken place in your views since the assumption of this ordination vow?
3. Do you acknowledge that the Reformed Presbyterian Church is founded upon the Word of God, and are you willing to subscribe to the doctrines and bylaws of the Church?
[Do you approve of the form of government and discipline of the Reformed Presbyterian Church in Taiwan, in conformity with the general principles of biblical polity?"
4. Do you have assurance in your own heart that it is the call of God for you to undertake this office of elder and to take vows to proclaim the love and gospel of God, as well as enthusiastically doing the work of your office?
5. Do you have assurance in your own heart that it is the will of God for you to be installed as an elder of __________ Church, and are you willing to commit yourself to lifetime evangelism and wholehearted service for the church of God for the Lord’s glory?
6. Do you acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the head of the church, of which he is the only Lord, and that you need to completely rely on him in pasturing and governing the congregation?
7. Are you willing to endure all kinds of persecutions, faithfully embrace the truth enshrined in the gospel, and endeavor for the sanctification and harmony of the church?
8. Will you take vows to faithfully perform the duties of a Christian and elder, live a life that shines the light of the gospel, and endeavor to be a pious example in front of the sheep entrusted to you?